History: Llansannor is a parish to the south west of Llanharry and is about 1,800 acres in area. It comprises the ancient church of St Senewyr and a fine Tudor mansion called Llansannor Court. Llansannor Court may well be earlier than the 16th century. Its most famous owner was Francis Gwyn, 1648-1734, who held many important political offices, including Clerk of the Council and Secretary of War in the time of the later Stuarts and has been described as one of the founder members of the Tory party. He later lived at Forde Abbey and had immense patronage in the West Country.


Undertaken 2010:

Minimum intervention lath & plaster ceiling repairs.

In situ run moulding & repairs

Sympathetic decoration to walls & ceilings


Managed by Andrew Bellis c/o NFU Mutual

Llansannor Court

Location: Llansannor, Cowbridge.


Built: 16th Centuary

Case Studies