History: This fine old church is remotely situated on the near 1000-foot high ridge which separates the Rhymney Valley from the Sirhowy Valley. The 15th century west tower was built prior to the nave, north aisle, and chancel, with its 15th century priest's doorway. The south wall of the nave may be 13th century. The windows, porch and vestry are 19th century additions.

 

Undertaken 2010:

Works consisted of lime washing exterior

Repairs to stone slates

Replacement sheet lead valley.

 

Scheduled for 2011:

Repairs to original Priests door

Heating to Pews

Internal damp mitigation works.


Managed by Caroe & Partner Architects

Saint Sannan’s Church, Bedwellty

Denomination: Anglican

Built: 13th century onwards

Case Studies